At Or Zarua, Rabbi Shelly Barnathan takes much time to learn the background, interests, and spiritual goals of each member. Caring, safe relationships are at the heart of our community.
Or Zarua is a collaborative community, based on the concept of T'rumah - holy contribution. Our community will reflect the sacred obligation of each of us to contribute through the gifts of our time and hearts, sharing our talents, skills, and passions.
The Or Zarua community has been created to provide for authentic, personal Jewish growth, allowing each of us to find our Emet/truth, and to become our fullest selves.
The Or Zarua community will continually elevate the values of:
- Chesed and Menschlichkeit – lovingkindness in speech and action
- Gemilut Chasadim – supporting each other in times of joy and need
- Tikkun Olam – repairing the world
- Tzedakah – acts of righteousness
- Torah – learning of all kinds
- Tefillah – prayer in ways that make deep and relevant meaning for us