Become an Or Zarua Member! OZ Member Benefits include:
1. High Holiday Service tickets for you, your children and grandchildren of all ages for the High Holidays (Rosh Hashanah Days 1 & 2, Kol Nidre, Yom Kippur). Unique to Or Zarua!
2. Attendance at Or Zarua programs, services and offerings
- Shabbat Morning Melody, Meaning, and Mindfulness services (one to two times per month)
- Musical Kabbalat Shabbat services (one to two times per month)
- Holiday services/celebrations - Sukkot, Interfaith Thanksgiving and MLK Weekend, Chanukah Tu Bishvat, Purim, Passover, Yom Hashoah, Shavuot, etc.
- Poetry Writing Workshops
- Scholar in Residence, Special guest speakers
- Creativity/Interest group gatherings (art, music, genealogy, photography, book circles, etc.)
- Yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi, and Meditation Workshops
- Tikkun Olam work with HIAS family, LGBTQ advocacy, Anti-gun violence, Peace work
- Anti-Racism Discussion and Action Group
- Wise Aging Groups
- Torah, Talmud, and Text Study
- Interfaith Monthly Sing - First Thursday of the month
- Interfaith Social Justice Activities with Old Haverford Friends, Bethel AME of Ardmore and our other Interfaith Parters
4. Individualized Benefits
- Full Access to our Or Zarua Community Board of communications (OZCB)
- Pastoral care by Rabbi Shelly - R. Shelly is fully available and quickly responsive for all of your pastoral needs
- Gemilut Hasadim - Rabbinic and Community support for you and your family in times of need.
- Life Cycle Officiation by Rabbi Shelly at reduced fee for weddings, baby namings, and B’nai Mitzvah officiation.
Your Or Zarua Membership support allows us to:
- Offer extra offerings during time of COVID-19
- Pay a stipend to the Rabbi, Administrative Coordinator, and Musicians
- Provide an honorarium for guest teachers/speakers
- Support Social Justice causes
- Support our partners at Old Haverford Friends Meeting for use of their space
- Obtain a Torah for High Holidays and other special Or Zarua events
- Provide Reconstructionist Siddurim, Machzorim and Shiva prayer books
- Support members in times of joy, challenge, sorrow, and need
- Create prayer and teaching materials
- Provide supplies for our offerings/gatherings/holiday celebrations